Whereas sexual assault, harassment, and other forms of misconduct, hereafter referred to as sexual misconduct, are horrendous, dehumanizing crimes that permanently affect survivors; and
Whereas there have been recent allegations of sexual misconduct against the California Democratic Party Chair Eric Bauman; and
Whereas the events reported in these allegations are said to have occurred during state party events and the survivors are our fellow California Democrats; and
Whereas sexual misconduct, especially when perpetrated by figures in leadership roles, contributes to a culture that permits and celebrates such behavior; and
Whereas male-identifying survivors of sexual misconduct experience a unique form of mistreatment as a result of coming forward with their allegations and, as a result, are hesitant to come forward at all; and
Whereas our Party stands for progressive values, feminism, and human rights; and Whereas our Party is strongly opposed to sexual misconduct of all forms;
Therefore, be it resolved that the Davis College Democrats condemn sexual misconduct, affirm our belief and support in sexual misconduct survivors of all identities, and henceforth will develop a procedure for a zero tolerance policy for any form of sexual misconduct within our organization.
Therefore, be it resolved that the Davis College Democrats will create a committee, consisting of individuals in the general membership, to draft a bylaw amendment detailing this policy to be presented at the first general meeting of Winter Quarter.
- Daniel Tillman, DCD LGBTQ+ Caucus Chair
- Maiya De La Rosa, DCD Womxn’s Caucus Interim Chair, DCD President
- Alexandra Meyer, DCD LGBTQ+ Caucus Vice Chair, Director of Membership
- Kevin Rotenkolber, DCD LGBTQ+ Caucus Vice Chair, Director of Finance
- Emily Jones, DCD LGBTQ+ Caucus Member, Director of Political Affairs
- Ko Ser Lu Htoo, DCD LGBTQ+ Caucus Member
- Francisco López-Montaño, DCD LGBTQ+ Caucus Member
- Jumoke Maraiyesa, DCD LGBTQ+ Caucus Member
- Molly Mermin, DCD Womxn’s Caucus Member
- Brooke Pritchard, DCD Womxn’s Caucus Member
- Aurora Schünemann, DCD LGBTQ+ Caucus Member
- Rina Singh, DCD LGBTQ+ Caucus Member
- Matthew Tam, DCD LGBTQ+ Caucus Member
- Nico Valone, DCD LGBTQ+ Caucus Member
*Unanimously approved by a general membership vote on 12/5/2018.